Longer evening darkness, cooler temperatures and leaves steadily falling from trees are all reminders winter and the holiday season are on their way! During this busy time of the year, you may be hosting dinner parties, out of town guests and other fun festivities so you’ll want to make sure your New Jersey home is as cozy as possible. You can stay calm and count on NJR Home Services to keep your family and guests in their comfort zone so you can relax and enjoy the special moments in your home sweet home. Below are some tips to keep the heat flowing and help you save energy and stay comfortable.
- Check for drafts. Prevent cold air from entering your home with simple upgrades like adding new weather stripping and caulking around windows and doors.
- Clean return air registers. This will help to reduce allergens and can help improve the efficiency of your heating system.
- Change your indoor air filter regularly. A fresh indoor air filter helps keep the coil and heat exchanger clean, which can increase energy-efficiency and help to extend the life of your HVAC equipment.
- Consider upgrading your heating and cooling system. If your heating system and cooling system are more than ten years old, your systems have needed repairs or you’ve been struggling to achieve comfortable temperatures in your home, it’s a good idea to start thinking about a replacement plan now. New HVAC systems are more energy-efficient and you may be able to take advantage of incentives, rebates and financing.
- Keep an eye on your water heater. Using your washer and washing machine more often, as well as guests showering, can dramatically increase hot water usage during the holidays. If your water heater is more than ten years old and is taking longer to warm up than it used to, you may want to think about upgrading your unit to a more energy-efficient model.
- Turn your thermostat down. If you’re cooking a lot during the holidays and running the oven for long periods, turn down your heat. Your oven will provide enough extra heat and turning down your system will not only save on heating costs but will also give your heating system a much-needed break.
- Cook some dishes ahead of time. Ovens filled with turkeys, roasts and side dishes can quickly heat up your kitchen. Reduce heat output by preparing some dishes ahead that can be quickly reheated in a microwave or kept warm in a crockpot.
- Stock up on extra blankets. If you plan on having guests overnight, be sure to have clean, warm blankets so everyone is comfortable during the night.
Many of your neighbors trust their homes to us for more than two decades and share their outstanding experience. “We have been customers for almost 20 years and have always had exceptional service. All of the technicians have been respectful and fantastic in answering our questions. We will always be customers of NJR Home Services” says Robert. You can read our thousands of 5-star reviews here.*
At NJR Home Services, repairs are backed by an expert team of local, professional and courteous technicians. When your heating system, AC system or water heater needs repairs, you can count on our local technicians to explain the issue, make the repair and clean up their work area after the repair has been completed in your New Jersey home.
NJR Home Services is an HVAC contractor giving you peace of mind and keeping you and your family comfortable in your New Jersey home. We’re here for all your home comfort needs including service plans for your heating system, cooling system and water heater, heating service and installation, AC service and installation, solar, electrical services and generators. You can rely on us to help keep your home your comfort zone. For more information on our products and services, call 877-466-3657 or complete our online request form.
*Based on 7,440 rating and reviews received as of November 30, 2021 from ShopperApproved.com.