When you’re looking for a new home, it can be an exciting adventure – and it can also be a stressful time. There are many things to consider when shopping for a house, including the HVAC system, which typically is the home’s largest and most expensive appliance. The more information you have about the heating and cooling systems in your potential New Jersey home, the better. First off, you want to check both the heating and air conditioning systems to ensure they are functioning properly. Below are other things to consider when it comes to the heating and cooling systems in your new home.
- Age of the heating and cooling systems
- Maintenance and repair history of the heating and cooling systems
- AC unit SEER rating and AFUE (annual fuel utilization efficiency) furnace rating
Here are a few things you can do to understand the condition of these appliances:
- Ask for copies of utility bills during summer and winter seasons so you can understand any energy trends in the home.
- Check if there are any active warranty or service plans on the heating and cooling systems.
- Learn the shut-off locations for gas and water in case of an emergency.
- Learn where the electrical panel is located.
Once you find your dream home in New Jersey, remember NJR Home Services is here for you and your New Jersey home comfort needs. We offer service contracts for your heating system, cooling system and water heater, heating repair and installations, AC repair and installations, electrical home repairs and solar panel lease and purchase programs. Simply call 877-959-3964 or complete our online request form. We’ll respond promptly and answer your questions.