Set your thermostat above room temperature and to “heat.”
If you have a furnace (forced air):
- Check the air filter and clean or replace if necessary.
- Make sure the blower door panel is properly closed.
- Make sure the furnace power switch is turned on.
If you have a boiler (baseboard/hot water/steam):
- Remove the covers from baseboard heaters and vacuum dust and debris.
- Check the gauge to make sure the water is at the proper level.
- The final step is to set your thermostat above room temperature and to “heat.”
If your heating system doesn’t start, be sure to check the emergency switch, fuses and circuit breakers. If you’re still without heat, call NJR Home Services at 877-865-5245 for a service appointment.