You and your family spend a lot of time in your home; so, it’s important you take measures to help ensure you’re breathing cleaner air. Indoor air quality (IAQ) refers to the quality of the air you breathe inside your home. The IAQ in your home can be affected by environmental and man-made factors and can have a direct effect on your well-being, comfort and how much money you spend on energy each month. Changing your indoor air filters and dusting regularly are some simple things you can do to keep the air in your New Jersey home cleaner. Below are some additional tips to help keep the air in your home clean:
- Install a whole-house air purifier. A whole-house air purifier, which is installed as part of your home’s central heating and cooling system, can help continuously remove impurities — quietly and efficiently.
- Keep your home’s humidity at the right level. The level of relative humidity in the air can affect your home comfort, as well as the proper functioning of your heating and cooling system. The addition of moisture (humidification) may be required during the winter season and the removal of moisture (dehumidification) may be required during the summer months.
- Get a Professional Air Duct Cleaning. Duct cleaning is an effective way to reduce indoor air contaminants. It can also help save energy costs by increasing the efficiency of your home’s cooling and heating systems.
- Bring the fresh air in. Most home cooling and heating systems, including forced air heating systems, are not designed to bring fresh air into your home. Opening windows and doors when the weather is nice can help with ventilation.
- Change your indoor air filter regularly. A fresh indoor air filter helps keep the coil and heat exchanger clean, which can increase energy efficiency, minimize breakdowns and extend the life of your equipment.
- Vacuum and dust often. Cleaning your home frequently helps to remove dust and allergens from your floors and carpets.
Learn more about how NJR Home Services can help you breathe easier with our indoor air quality products, here.
NJR Home Services is here to help give you peace of mind and keep you and your family comfortable. We’re here for all your home comfort needs, including service plans for your heating system, cooling system and water heater; heating service and installation; AC service and installation; solar; electrical services and natural gas generators. You can rely on us to help keep your home your ”comfort zone.” For more information on our products and services, call 877-865-5245 or complete our online request form.