You and your family may be spending more time inside your New Jersey home, so it’s important to make sure you are taking steps to help ensure you’re breathing cleaner air. Your indoor air quality can have a direct effect on your well-being, comfort and how much money you spend on energy each month. While it’s easy to see when you need to dust or sweep, it’s harder to know when the indoor air in your home needs cleaning. There are some simple things you can do to help you breathe easier daily in your New Jersey home. Changing your indoor air filters on a regular basis and air duct cleaning are a good start. Read below for more tips.
- Invest in a whole-house air purifier. When a whole-house air purifier, like the REME HALO®, is installed as part of your home’s central heating and cooling system, it can help continuously remove impurities — quietly and efficiently.
- Change your indoor air filter regularly. A fresh indoor air filter helps keep the coil and heat exchanger clean, which can increase energy efficiency, minimize breakdowns and extend the life of your equipment.
- Keep your home’s humidity at the right level. This may help keep indoor allergens under control. Use a portable dehumidifier if needed, especially during the summer months to reduce the humidity level in your home.
- Get a Professional Air Duct Cleaning. Duct cleaning can help reduce the amount of contaminants circulating throughout your New Jersey home and is an effective way to reduce indoor air pollutants. It can also help save energy costs by increasing the efficiency of your home’s cooling and heating systems.
- Vacuum and dust often. Cleaning frequently helps to remove dust and allergens from your floors and carpets.
- Bring the fresh air in. Most home cooling and heating systems, including forced air heating systems, are not designed to not bring fresh air into your home. Opening windows and doors (weather permitting), and operating window or attic fans can help with ventilation.
Since we may be spending more time in our New Jersey homes, it’s important to think about doing some simple things that can help improve your indoor air quality. Whether it’s making sure you change your indoor air filters on a regular basis, cleaning and dusting your home regularly or purchasing one of our indoor air quality products – there are easy ways to help keep you and your family more comfortable.
NJR Home Services, your local New Jersey HVAC company, offers several different indoor air quality options including:
- Whole-house Air Purifier. Traditional furnace filters only trap medium to large particles. The REME HALO® uses dual ionizer technology to reduce airborne particulates like dust, dander and pollen while also reducing persistent odors, particulates and smoke. This powerful technology installs easily into the supply chamber of your existing air conditioning and/or heating system air ducts, making it possible for your system to purify every cubic foot of air in your home.
- Ultraviolet Air Cleaner. An Ultraviolet (UV) air cleaner uses UV light to inactivate airborne particles in your home’s heating and cooling systems before they recirculate. These special UV cleaners are placed in your home air ducts to help circulate clean and pure air.
- Whole-house Electronic Air Cleaner. Nearly 99% of airborne irritants in your house can’t be seen. But these unseen particles can make breathing uncomfortable. A whole-house electronic air cleaner in combination with a thorough duct cleaning can improve your indoor air quality and help you breathe easier and more comfortably.
- Whole-house Bypass Humidifier. Maintain your home’s most comfortable humidity level automatically with a Honeywell Home Whole-home Humidifier. Proper humidity provides a more comfortable living environment at a lower temperature, so you can turn down your thermostat for energy savings. Controlling humidity also means moisturizing dry air to prevent damage to hardwood floors and woodwork while preventing excess moisture. Enhance and protect your home with a Honeywell Home Whole-home Humidifier.
- Whole-house Media Air Cleaner. Adding a media air filter to your system can help eliminate a portion of the airborne particles in your home and improve your indoor air quality.
These products are designed to work by themselves, or in tandem to maximize your indoor air quality and help you breathe easier. Learn more about how NJR Home Services can help you breathe easier with our indoor air quality products, here.
The best way to discover what’s best for your New Jersey home and your comfort? Consult with one of our trained, trusted professionals. We know your home is your comfort zone and we’ll answer all your questions and provide a solution that is right for your needs and your budget. For more information on our indoor air quality products or duct cleaning solutions, call 877-466-3657 or complete our online request form. We’re also here to help you with the repair or replacement of your heating, water heating or air conditioning equipment.