If you’ve recently replaced your HVAC system, you know it’s an important investment that should last the next 10 to 15 years. You’ll want to take steps to maintain and safeguard your new equipment so it runs efficiently for years to come. Check out some simple HVAC preventative maintenance tips below.
- Replace air filters regularly. Clogged filters can block airflow. Fresh filters keep the coil and heat exchanger clean, which will increase energy efficiency, minimize breakdowns and extend the life of your equipment.
- Keep the area around your AC unit clean. Trim your yard and tidy around your outside AC unit to help prevent damage from dirt and debris.
- Clear the clutter. It’s important to keep the area around your heating system clear so it can draw in air and exhaust properly and safely.
- Seal any leaks. Ensure your windows and doors are tightly sealed. Air leaks can cause your HVAC system to run more frequently and become overworked, resulting in higher energy bills.
- Install a smart thermostat. You’ve invested in new equipment, so it’s important to use a thermostat that can help heat and cool your home more efficiently. Smart thermostats can learn what temperatures you like and build a schedule around your preferences.
- Protect your systems with a service plan. When you experience a break down and you need heating or cooling system repair, one of our Comfort Plans can keep you comfortable and protect your budget. Learn more about the different service plan options here.
NJR Home Services is here for you and your home comfort needs. Whether you need heating service or AC service in New Jersey, electrical home repairs or are interested in solar, call 877-466-3657 or complete our online request form. We’ll respond promptly and answer your questions.