Summertime calls for relaxation, days at the beach and spending time with family and friends. With warmer temps comes unpredictable summer storms that can cause damage to your property and interrupt your home comfort. Planning ahead and being prepared is the best way to weather the storm. Here are a few tips:
- Invest in a standby generator. Unlike portable models, a natural gas generator automatically starts up when the power goes out — even if you’re not home. Learn more about our backup generator products.
- Get a whole-house surge protector*. Safeguard expensive electronics and larger appliances, such as your heating and cooling systems, by diverting potentially harmful surges.
- Install a sump pump in your basement. If your HVAC system is located in your basement or crawlspace, consider a sump pump. When water gets in, a sump pump will pump it out and away from your home so the basement or crawlspace stays dry.
- Clean up your yard. Keep your yard trimmed and tidy around your AC system to help prevent dirt and debris from damaging it during a storm.
- Stock a first-aid kit. Keep a basic kit on hand, and a minimum seven-day supply of needed medications.
Trust your home to the professionals at NJR Home Services — who have provided service in your neighborhood for years. Simply call 877-466-3657 or complete our online request form. We’ll respond promptly and answer your questions.
*Please note that a whole house surge protector is subject only to the manufacturer’s warranty and may not prevent damage associated with a sustained overvoltage; equipment installed outdoors, window air conditioning units, vandalism, theft, normal wear and tear, obsolescence, abuse or catastrophic events such as a lightning strike. NJR Home Services expressly disclaims any equipment warranties, express or implied, other than any written limited warranty offered on its labor.