Information We Collect
- Identity data, which includes your name and other similar identifiers.
- Contact data, which includes your contact information such as email address, phone number, or mailing address.
- Payment data, which includes credit card number or banking information.
- Career information, such as your title, job history and education.
When you use our Websites, we may also collect certain other types of information that do not specifically identify you. We collect this information automatically and indirectly through the use of our cookies and other tracking technologies. This includes information such as:
- Online identifiers such as internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, and similar device identifiers.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, which includes clickstream data, technical data, usage data, IP geolocation data, device and operating system used to access the Websites, information about how you use our Websites including the pages viewed, browsing history, and time spent on our Websites.
For more information, please see the section below titled “Log Files, Cookies and other Tracking Technologies”.
Sources of Information
The Company collects information from our users, including Personally Identifiable Information, at several different points on our Websites as described in more detail below:
If you subscribe to a service requiring financial information on our site, we may require that you provide certain Personally Identifiable Information, including identity, contact, and payment data. If you submit an application for employment, we may require that you provide identity and contact data, as well as career information. This information is necessary to process your applications and to contact you.
Surveys or Contests
From time to time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on our Websites. If you participate, we will request certain Personally Identifiable Information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and mailing address), and demographic information (such as ZIP code). We use this information to notify contest winners and award prizes.
Log Files, Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
- Log Files
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data.We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
We use third-party cookies on our Websites. For example, we use Google Analytics & Webmaster Tools cookies to help us understand how users engage with our Websites. We also utilize Google AdWords & Google Remarketing cookies, which help us track user interactions with our advertisements and serve ads to you. For more information about Google cookies, you can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies and https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads.
- Clear Gifs and Similar Technologies
We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our Websites by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Website users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
We use clear gifs in our HTML-based e-mails to let us know which e-mails recipients have opened. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If you would like to opt-out of these e-mails, please see “Choice and Opt-out.”
Use and Disclosures of Information
We will only use and disclose your information (including your Personally Identifiable Information) as described herein:
- We will use your information to operate our Websites.
- We will use your information to respond to your direct inquires. We will communicate with you by e-mail or telephone, in accordance with your wishes.
- We will use your information to send special offers and updates, including information relating to our products and services. Please see “Choice and Opt-out” below for information about opting out of certain communications from us.
- We will use your information to conduct and administer surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions.
- If you have subscribed to our newsletter, we will use your information to send you our newsletter.
- We may permit our service providers, vendors, and subcontractors to access your information in connection with performing services for us. For example, we may use service providers to process payments, conduct and administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests and promotions, provide email communications services, and to maintain or process your resume and other information you provide to us.
- We will use your information to provide you with notices and service-related announcements about your account. For instance, if our service is suspended for maintenance, we might send you an e-mail.
- We will use your information to process your payments and provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- We will store the information that we collect through cookies, log files and similar technologies to create a “profile” of your preferences. We do not share your profile with other third parties.
- We reserve the right to disclose your information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on our Websites.
- We may disclose your information to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the policies for the Website.
- In the event the Company goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company or sale of all or a portion of its assets, or bankruptcy proceeding, your information will likely be among the assets transferred.
- We may send your information to our affiliates to help us process your information and for the purposes set out in this policy.
Interest Based Advertising. In addition to the above, we may ourselves, or with third party vendors, use non-Personally Identifiable Information in connection with our own or vendor information to deliver targeted advertising to you when you visit other websites. Cookies, clickstream data, and other similar technologies described above may be used in this process. For example, if you are searching for information on a particular product, we or our vendor may cause an advertisement to appear on other websites you view with information on that product. This form of advertising, sometimes called “behavioral advertising,” is not based on any Personally Identifiable Information. As a result, we and our vendor know your interests, but do not personally identify you in connection with the delivery of that specific ad. We believe that such advertising is helpful because you will see advertisements that are relevant to your interests. If you would like to opt out of these interest-based advertisements, please follow the opt-out process described below under “Choice/Opt-Out.”
Consent. Please note that if you specifically consent to additional uses or disclosures of your Personally Identifiable Information, we may use and disclose your Personally Identifiable Information in a manner consistent with that consent.
Aggregate Information. We may also aggregate information collected from our users (such as the number of users in a particular region or having particular characteristics) and use such aggregated information in any lawful manner.
Communications. We provide you the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having your Personally Identifiable Information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information. If you no longer wish to receive our electronic service-related alerts, newsletter or promotional communications (other than materials included in your monthly bill), you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by e-mailing us at email@example.com, or you may contact us by telephone at 800-221-0051 or 1415 Wyckoff Road, P.O. Box 1464, Wall, NJ 07719 to opt-out.
Cookies and Similar Technologies. If you want to stop or restrict the placement of cookies or flush any cookies that may already be on your computer or device, please refer to and adjust your web browser preferences. Further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website or some of its functionality may be affected. Cookies and similar items are not used by us to automatically retrieve Personally Identifiable Information from your device without your knowledge.
Interest Based Advertising. We comply with the self-regulatory principles of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). The online advertising industry provides a service through which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from certain companies that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can opt out of targeted advertising from certain providers that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) program at www.aboutads.info/consumers. Other providers are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, and you can opt out of interest-based advertising by those members by visiting http://optout.networkadvertising.org/. Please note that by opting out, you will continue to see generic advertising that is not tailored to your specific interests and activities. To be clear, the opt-outs must be performed on each device and browser that you wish to have opted-out. For example, if you have opted out on your desktop browser, that opt-out will not be effective on your mobile device. You must separately opt out on each device and browser. For targeted advertisements delivered through mobile apps, you can install the DAA’s AppChoices app on your device to opt out of targeted advertising by certain providers and can also select a system level advertising preference feature on your device (such as “Limit Ad Tracking” on Apple devices or “Opt-out of Interest-based ads” on Android devices).
Please note that we do not respond to or honor “do not track” (a/k/a/ DNT) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Links to Other Sites
Our Websites contain links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by our Company. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each Web site.
Bulletin Boards/Chat Rooms
If you use a bulletin board or chat room on this site, you should be aware that any Personally Identifiable Information you submit there can be read, collected or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personally Identifiable Information you choose to submit in these forums.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your Personally Identifiable Information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct or update it by signing into My Account and making the change or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
The security of your Personal Identifiable Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Identifiable Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100 percent secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Information Relating to Children
We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 13. If we are made aware that we have received such information we will use reasonable efforts to locate and remove that information from our records.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here.