Your Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system is the key to staying comfortable in your New Jersey home. With so many of us focusing on home improvement projects over the last year and a half, HVAC systems have been a popular item to upgrade. This increase in demand for heating and cooling equipment is creating a shortage of equipment across the HVAC industry, causing several price increases from manufactures and suppliers. If your heating system and/or cooling equipment in your New Jersey home has experienced a breakdown, costly repair or is not keeping your home comfortable, you may want to start looking into replacement options now.
Most systems are designed to last about 15 years. If your HVAC system is near the end of its life span, we urge you to not wait to have it replaced as you can never predict just when it will experience a breakdown that can’t be repaired. The team at NJR Home Services is here to help guide you through the process and provide you with the best options for you and your home. We recommend you get started sooner than later, maybe even today! Take the time to read through the answers below to some questions that you may have about the current HVAC industry situation.
Why is there an HVAC equipment shortage?
The lingering effects of the pandemic have led to a slowdown in production, resulting in a shortage of materials and reduced equipment supply. With higher demand and less HVAC products available, this means longer lead times for all local companies to obtain needed parts to repair your broken heating system or cooling system and get replacement units if it can’t be repaired. Homeowners may need to wait for certain makes, models and parts to be restocked.
Why are prices higher than in the past?
Simply, demand is exceeding supply and everyone is seeing prices increase as a result. As our vendors continue to focus on improving their supply chain to maintain a consistent flow of products, raw material prices have continued to increase. At some point, we can expect demand, supply and prices to regulate.
Why should I consider replacing my HVAC system before it breaks down?
Regardless of the market conditions, it’s always best to try and replace your older heating and/or cooling system before it completely breaks down. This way you won’t be left without the heat or AC your home needs. Additionally, it gives you time to explore your options and choose the system that’s right for your home and budget.
What happens if my heating or cooling system breaks down and I need a replacement?
We are working to get equipment and parts from our suppliers to our customers in a timely manner. But with less equipment in stock than ever before, many HVAC distributors have been impacted. That’s why we suggest any homeowner who is thinking about getting a new heating and cooling system start the process now rather than waiting until there’s an emergency.
If you’ve been struggling to achieve a comfortable temperature in your home, it’s a good idea to start thinking about a replacement plan now.
- Research heating and cooling system efficiency. The higher the rating, the less energy the unit uses.
- Look for new features and upgrades that can help make your home and family more comfortable.
- Evaluate your family’s needs and expectations to make sure your new heating and cooling system will meet your requirements.
- Even if one system is still working, by replacing both systems at the same time you’ll save on labor expenses by installing both units at the same time, in addition to helping maintain maximum system efficiency and longevity.
Here are some reasons why you should consider replacement options now:
- Your new HVAC system can help you save energy and money. Your new systems will run more efficiently and can help keep your home warmer in the winter and cool in the summer while saving money.
- Reliability. You’ll eliminate the worry of frequent repairs and breakdowns.
- Ease of install. We’ll handle the entire process for you, from submitting permits to installing your new, energy-efficient heating and/or cooling system. We’ll even remove your old equipment at no additional charge!
- Special promotions. Visit our website to learn more about our current HVAC system offers.
- Simple financing. We offer several convenient options, perfect for every budget.
- Rebates and incentives. Qualifying equipment may be eligible for local utility rebates and incentives.
NJR Home Services would like to thank our loyal customers for their patience and understanding as we navigate this new industry environment and want to best serve our customers when they need us most. We have served your local neighborhood for decades and we want you to be comfortable in your New Jersey home year-round. We are always here when you need us, but we want you to be aware of the HVAC equipment shortage and increase in prices so you can prepare. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation heating and cooling system replacement quote so you can enjoy the upcoming fall and winter seasons without having to worry about your HVAC system breaking down or needing an unexpected replacement. Don’t wait, reach out to us today!
NJR Home Services is an HVAC contractor who is here to help keep you and your family comfortable year-round in your New Jersey home. We’re here for all your home comfort needs, including service plans for your heating system, cooling system and water heater, heating service and installation, AC service and installation, solar, electrical services and generators*. You can rely on us to help keep your home your comfort zone. For more information on our products and services, call 877-466-3657 or complete our online request form.
*Terms and conditions apply.