Choosing the Right Water Heater for Your Home and NeedsOctober 10, 2018
Protect Your Home Comfort and Budget – All Year LongDecember 11, 2018
The holidays are full of exciting and sometimes hectic moments, many of which happen in your home. Between dinner parties, out of town guests arriving and other holiday related activities — the last thing you want to worry about is whether or not your home is comfy for you and your guests! These home comfort tips can help you keep you comfortable in New Jersey all season long.
- Check for drafts. Simple upgrades like adding new weather stripping and caulking around windows and doors can help prevent cold air from entering your home and warm air from getting out.
- Keep an eye on your water heater. More frequent use of your dishwasher and washing machine, as well as guests showering, can dramatically increase hot water usage during the holidays. Be aware of the warning signs that it may be time to replace your water heater.
- Cook some dishes ahead of time. Ovens filled with turkeys, roasts and side dishes can quickly heat up the kitchen. Reduce heat output by preparing some dishes ahead that can be quickly reheated in a microwave or kept warm in a crockpot.
- Turn your thermostat down. According to the National Sleep Foundation, the ideal sleeping temperature is between 60 and 67 degrees.* During the nights when you have guests sleeping over, set your thermostat to a lower temperature. You’ll keep them comfortable while saving on energy costs.
- Stock up on extra blankets. If you plan on having overnight guests, be sure to have clean, warm blankets on hand to make sure everyone is comfortable during the night.
NJR Home Services is here for you and your home comfort needs. Whether you need heating service or AC service in New Jersey, electrical home repairs or are interested in solar, simply call 877-466-3657 or complete our online request form. We’ll respond promptly and answer your questions.