Should You Replace Your Heating and Cooling Systems at the Same Time?March 7, 2017
Things to Consider When Hiring an ElectricianMay 2, 2017
Indoor air quality refers to the quality of the air you breathe inside your home. It can be affected by a number of environmental and man-made factors. Did you know indoor air pollutant levels in your home could be two-to-five times higher than outdoor levels? And although homes are better insulated and more tightly sealed to increase efficiency, it means they can also seal in contaminants. Since we spend as much as 90 percent of our time indoors, air quality can have a direct effect on your health, comfort and how much money you spend on energy every month.
Here are a few simple ways to improve your home’s air quality:
- Have your ducts cleaned. Professional duct cleaning can reduce the amount of contaminants that circulate throughout your home. Not only is duct cleaning an effective way to reduce indoor air pollutants, it can also help save energy costs by increasing the efficiency of your home’s heating and cooling systems.
- Change your air filter monthly. Fresh filters help keep the coil and heat exchanger clean, which will increase energy efficiency, minimize breakdowns and extend the life of your equipment.
- Invest in an air cleaner. When a whole house air cleaner is installed as part of your home’s central heating and cooling system, it can help continuously remove impurities —silently and efficiently.
- Vacuum and dust often. Cleaning frequently helps to remove dust and allergens from your floors and carpets.
- Get some fresh air. The introduction of outdoor air is an important factor in promoting good air quality. Most home heating and cooling systems, including forced air heating systems, do not bring fresh air into the home. Opening windows and doors, and operating window or attic fans when the weather permits will help with ventilation.
NJR Home Services can help ensure the comfort of your family year round! For more information on our duct cleaning service and indoor air quality products and solutions, call 877-466-3657 or request a quote.