Bring it on - peace of mind
Your standby generator engine is very similar to a car's engine. And, just like your car, it needs regular maintenance such as oil and filter changes to run efficiently every time it starts up. Regularly scheduled maintenance can help you ensure your backup power supply is ready and willing to kick in when you need it most. As with all mechanical systems, poorly maintained standby generators are more prone to failure, which is why manufacturers require proper maintenance as a condition of the warranty. The Generator Maintenance Plan includes one maintenance per contract year. It does not include repairs.
The following items are covered under this contract:
- Change air filter element (replaceable)
- Change oil and oil filter (replaceable)
- Change spark plugs (replaceable)
- Check and clean enclosure louvers
- Check battery electrolyte level and charger
- Clean battery terminals
- Check, clean air intake filter compartment - change air intake filter (replaceable) if necessary
- Check complete fuel system, fuel regulator and fuel line integrity
- Check generator control panel
- Check valve gap - adjust if necessary
- Clean and remove any residue from the generator transfer switch
- Complete electrical check, voltage and frequency
- Electrical diagnostic check of automatic standby system and voltage regulator
- Overall inspection of engine compartment
This contract covers only items listed. Check-ups do not include any repair work.
You installed a standby generator to provide backup power when you need it most. And you enjoy the comfort of knowing your standby generator is in top operating order. Sign up online or call our customer service representative today at 877-466-3657.
Restrictions apply. Visit http://www.njrhomeservices.com/contracts/terms-conditions.asp for full terms and conditions.